Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Social Class and Cultural Diversity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snbW6hI8xuY

This video is a perfect example of different social classes in America.
What determines your social class and family-social status?
-$$$
-Education
-Home
-Neighborhood
-Toys
-Name (Last Name of the person you are related to)
-Dress
-Friend's/ Associations
-Occupation


What's my social class?
I view my family's social class as being upper middle class. My Dad drove a Porsche and a 2 different Cadillac's and we lived in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Lexington, even though the "hood" and projects (Section 8 housing) was located just down the street, on the other side of the stop light. Which separated the housing neighborhoods and communities.


How does this impact my view of my family?
This assignment changed the impact of the view of my family, because I simply realized that families don't have to be as chaotic as my was growing up, even though they may have money.

JUST BECAUSE THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND MONEY DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO LIVE THAT WAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment